Re: [Banshee-List] iTunesDB contents is empty

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:37 PM, banjoman <sr steveredshaw idps co uk> wrote:
> The recordings are still there (in Banshee and in MS Windows the properties
> show 24Gb used). So presumably the contents of the iTunesDB file has been
> wiped.
>
> Can I get my iPod to rebuild its database and show all my recordings again?

If Banshee doesn't already offer you an option to rebuild the database
when you click on the iPod within Banshee, then you might try deleting
the .db file on the ipod manually.  Find its mount point (run `df`),
probably something like /media/IPOD/ and rm
/media/IPOD/iPod_Control/iTunes/iTunesDB - then restart Banshee and
hopefully it'll have a 'Rebuild db' option for you.

Gabriel