Re: [Banshee-List] Getting Podcasts onto my G1

Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Sandy Armstrong
> <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
>
>> Of course, when I unmount/remount my phone, the podcast shows up under
>> the device's Music source and not the Podcasts source (videos say in the
>> Video source).  Any pointers there?
>>

> To show up in the right source, do podcasts need to just be put in a
> particular folder?  You're using the MassStorage support, right?  Does
> the G1 have any kind of database?

Yes, I am using MassStorage support.  When speaking of sources, I mean
Banshee sources.  All files go on the device under "Music/", and I
presume Banshee is looking at file types to decide which to show under
its own Music and Video sources...I guess I'll need to look at the code
to see how Banshee determines that a file should appear under a device's
Podcast source.

The G1's music player is stupid and doesn't know about Podcasts, so I'm
really just curious how to make this look right on the Banshee end.

Sandy