Re: [Banshee-List] Re move the video portion of Banshee?

>It's currently not possible.
Too bad. :-(

>As for clutter and bloat, video only adds one source on the left
>hand-side list,
Oh no, it adds a lot of undesirable side effects. All the UI settings are
designed for the audio part and the video part breaks the consistency of the
whole UI design. Most functions refer to audio only but don't say so
explicitly. It's obvious video is bolted on and that's what makes it clutter
and bloat.

> and thanks to a good design, the amount of
>video-specific code is ridiculously low.
Design couldn't be worse... but I understand you mean "design of the code".
Well if the amount of video-specific code is ridiculously low, would you
mind telling me where it exactly lies so I can strip it off and get back to
a clean design again? I know I said I didn't want to recompile, but it seems
there's no other solution. Thanks for you help.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>