Re: [Banshee-List] I was thinking last night and....

LCID Fire wrote:
Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
2008/5/20 Timothy Collins <wookietim gmail com>:
What would be a fun plug in for Banshee : When the user starts a MP3 file,
the plug in goes out to youtube, does a search and, if it finds it,
automatically plays the video that corresponds to the music in place of the
album art...

I don't believe you! :) Basically because I had the same idea yesterday and in fact I talked about it today in #banshee channel with some people (patoh, hyperair) :D I bet you were there ;)

That would either result in crappy sound (if you use the one from
video stream) or no synchronization (if you use the mp3).

Why no synchronization? If the plugin looked at the best match (same duration as the song) maybe the sync is right. Am I missing something?

I think we agree upon NOT using the sound of the video stream. Having a
non synchronized video stream does not seem that bad to me - with one
exception. If you really integrate such a feature I'll probably be
distracted very often by just watching the video.
Honestly - I think the idea is great :)

Yeah, well, ideas doesn't have credits in the end so I'm thinking in using it for HackWeek. Anyone which wants to join me?

	Andres