Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.0 wont start - critical error

muh wrote:

> Hello.
>
> When i try to start banshee, it wont start anymore and i get a realy long
> error massage!
> I use banshee since the early days and soon after 0.98-1 or something it
> refused to start.
> There were serveral updates later but it dosent fixed it.
>
> So i hope someone could explain me why?
> (Debian/testing/gnome)
>
> ERRORMSG:
>
> Eine nicht behandelte Exception ist ausgelöst worden: duplicate column
> name: ExternalID

This is a known bug in one of the early beta 1 packages [1].  You can fix it
by deleting your Banshee database and other configuration data...

rm -rf ~/.config/banshee-1

...or by using this command (probably)...

sqlite3 ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db "update CoreConfiguration set
Value=10
 where Key='DatabaseVersion'"

Best,
Sandy