Re: [Banshee-List] Fleow Plugin

2008/6/9 Mathijs Dumon <mathijsken hotmail com>:
> My question: how can I acces the CompositeTrackSourceContents widget or
> alter it's Views?
> I could create a drop-in replacement for the AlbumListView that contains the
> cover flow (I'd use the AlbumListView class as a base, hide all of it's
> children, and link it's GdkWindow with the GLArea inside the Fleow plugin,
> only thing left is connecting all of the events)
> But to add this replacement I need to be able to alter the Views of the
> CompositeTrackSourceContents widget!

The CompositeTrackSourceContents widget inherits from a widget that I
wrote (Banshee.Sources.Gui/FilteredListSourceContents.cs)  that tries
to abstract out the browser code - with the goal that it can be used
to define arbitrary (types and number of) filters on a track list.
You'll need to change CompositeTrackSourceContents itself to be more
flexible in choosing what views are used for those filters, and what
filters are used (since I guess you'll be removing the artist filter,
right?).  Reusing the existing AlbumModel that exsists/is used in
CompositeTrackSourceContents will mean that when a user changed
between fleow and normal, their selections should persist.

The current album filter view is here:
src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Collection.Gui/AlbumListView.cs

You'll be providing an alternative to that widget.
FilteredListSourceContents seems to explicitly reference the ListView
(our custom widget, in Hyena.Gui), but should probably only reference
IListView so other widgets (yours) can work with this whole thing.

Hope that helps.

Gabriel