[Banshee-List] Tags (and Lastfm)

Hi all.
I'm currently setting up a project which tries to unify all the
different approaches to tag use.
The whole thing is meant to be based largely on modules. This means it
will have modules for lastfm, tracker, beagle, fspot, and so on. I'll
try to get the lastfm and tracker modules done first.

The thing about lastfm is that using the new api
(http://www.lastfm.de/api) it requires a lot of groundwork which I think
you did to some extend already implement for banshee. But since it was
done in C# it's not really usable for most of the programs. So my
thought was to also create a liblastfm (in c/c++ using the banshee
lastfm stuff as reference) which could then be used to interact with
lastfm. So my question is would you be willing to move your lastfm
access to use such a library?

In the end should this project succeed I'd plan to integrate tagging
into Banshee, too - but it's a little early to start talking about such
things.