Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling Banshee on Win32

> On Jan 7, 2008 5:19 PM, John2008 (htc) <John2008 happytocode com> wrote:
> > > Perhaps this is just a stupid question, but has anyone actually had
> > > success compiling Banshee on a Windows machine, either 2000 or XP?
> > I was wondering exactly the same thing :)
> > Does someone know the status of the windows port that was started last
> > summer?
> > Is somebody still working on it?
>
> Scott Peterson worked on it, but with all the changes going on in
> trunk I'm not sure how far away an officially supported windows build
> is.
I saw that Scott worked on the subject but he stopped blogging about the
project in august. Probably because it was a summer project right? I don't
have the time nor the competences required for orking on it, but I'm
interested in having banshee on windows. So I might help here and there and
test it also.

> > Also, I registered on the forum but still need to get activated. Is it
still
> > used? No new message since a couple of month.
> I'll try to bug Aaron about this and get some more admins on the forums.
If nobody is posting on the forum because help can be found here, I'll stuck
here ;)
Windows users prefer forums and Linux users prefer mailing lists I guess.

> > Also, is there an existing room somewhere on an IRC channel? Cause I
> > couldn't find any.
> As it says on http://banshee-project.org/Main_Page, we talk in
> #banshee on irc.gnome.org.
Sorry my fault, nearly never used IRC before today. I found you now. The
rooms is quiet but people are there. I guess I'll stay a while and lurk
around to see what happens.

Thank you for your help,
Regards,
John.