Re: [Banshee-List] Metadata - ratings and tagging

Allan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to the list (though not to Banshee)!
>
> A brief explanation of my situation: I use Banshee on two machines, a
> desktop and a laptop. I have my full music collection (MP3, ogg vorbis)
> on the desktop, and have part of my music collection on the laptop (I
> synchronise this part of the music collection).
>
> This leads me to the following question: does anyone know of a way for
> me to share the rating data from one machine with the rating data on the
> other one (either by sharing part of my database, or writing the rating
> metadata to my audio files)?
The thing you can do when the paths on both machines are equal: copy the
config (~/.config/banshee) as well as your Music files (~/Music) from
the one machine to the other.
This does not solve the situation where you're doing changes on both
machines and would like to sync them - but it's a start.