Re: [Banshee-List] banshee streaming mms

2008-12-11 klockan 16:50 skrev outlaw:
> [snip]
> The wesite the stream comes from is www.wndb.am and it is a mms stream
> mms://media.blackcrow.fm/wndb .

Fwiw, some IRC snippets:

  < outlaw> brandonperry: Yes I do have the gstreamer0.10 installed along with w32codecs
  < uws> can totem play the stream?
  < outlaw> brandonperry: not sure if their right but from the reading ive been doing on forums they should be what i need
  < outlaw> uws: none of the players will work. i have even tried amarok and some of the kde players
  < uws> mplayer?
  < outlaw> now i can play some other mms streams and everyting else i have come across, just not this one
  < uws> the server seems not to respond
  < outlaw> everything else plays fine..............but this is the only one that i really listen to
  < outlaw> uws: now i can go into xp or vista and it will play under windows media player..............but i dont like windows , but i am new to linux............lol
  < outlaw> it makes me think that it has to be server side issue. i have e-mailed them and they said that nothing has changed. but what doesnt make any sense is that it will play under windows
  < uws> outlaw: Connecting to server media.blackcrow.fm[69.12.60.19]: 1755...
  < uws> that's what mplayer says
  < uws> and telnet 69.12.60.19 1755  doesn't work either
  < uws> so the server just does not respond\
  < outlaw> uws: same thing i would get
  < outlaw> uws: now ''telnet'' will basically ping or see if it can communticate with the server right ?
  < uws> outlaw: no, it will open a socket to the host on the given port
  < uws> and it does not respond
  < uws> so the host just does not answer at all
  < outlaw> uws: i have had another player which i dont remember which one because i have tried them all but it said that port couldnt be opened or found
  < outlaw> uws: see but it worked last week no problems at all with banshee and all of the sudden nothing anymore
  < uws> outlaw: perhaps it only works over UDP
  < uws> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Media_Services
  < uws> ** Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|totem|Windows Media RTP depayloader|decoder-application/x-rtp, media=(string)application, payload=(int)96, encoding-name=(string)X-ASF-PF (Windows Media RTP depayloader)
  < uws> outlaw: ^
  < outlaw> uws: that's got me confused...........sorry . i downloaded all the gstreamer0.10 plugins and w32codecs . i do a  dpkg -l | grep gstreamer  and it shows them . But the rest of that has me confused
  < uws> outlaw: Looks like it doesn't work over TCP, which is what Banshee/Totem/MPlayer try
  < outlaw> uws: Do you know of or have any ideas on any players i might be able to try out .
  < outlaw> uw
  < outlaw> uws: i even went as far as to install ''wine'' with ''IE4L'' with no luck because it wouldnt work right and link would never open up .
  < uws> outlaw: No, sorry, seems that the protocol or the formats used are not supported
  < outlaw> uws: thanks for link to that page, that actually helps alot . I have been reading google for 4 days with no success.
  < outlaw> uws: thanks for you help anyway !

HTH.

— Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

you keep me alone · in a room full of friends               — porcupine tree