[Banshee-List] Implementing a Compact Video Mode in Banshee.NowPlaying

Greetings,

I've been looking into implementing a compact mode for the video
playback (bug #545597 in BGO). Initially I wanted to add this to the
already existing MiniMode extension, but I have found this impossible
because:

1) The video window/widget is not part of the Core and as such there
is no exposed interface to manipulate it cleanly.
2) If I have to create my own video window/widget I will have to
duplicate most of the code in the NowPlaying extension, which is bad
3) If I use a hack to get the NowPlaying ISourceContent and the
exposed Widget (being the VideoDisplay) and reparent it etc I end up
with some conflicts with the NowPlaying windowing code. Also it's just
ugly anyway.

So I was thinking maybe I could go and do some cleanup work in the
NowPlaying extension for maximum code reuse and implement Compact Mode
as an additional mode next to Full Screen Mode in there? User visible
changes would be a "Compact Mode" toolbar button next to the
"Fullscreen" one and an "H" shortcut (consistent with Totem - default
GNOME video player) to toggle it.

Does this sound okay with you guys?

Kind Regards,
Ivan N. Zlatev