Re: [Banshee-List] Having trouble (google no help)

It looks like you have the gnome-common package (which contains
gnome-autogen.sh).  However you're likely missing some development
packages.

What distribution are you running?  You need to install development
packages for all the build dependencies for banshee.  You can likely
find some distribution-specific information by having a look at any of
the Distribution/xyz pages on the website:
http://banshee-project.org/Special:Search?search=distributions

Hope this helps,
Trick