[Banshee-List] burning multiple playlists

Hey all.  First of all, let me say excellent work on banshee, I'm really
impressed with how slick it is.

The only feature I'm missing is the ability to burn multiple playlists.
IE: Lets say I have a playlist called 'rock' and one called 'country'.
What I'd like to do is to burn both playlists to a data CD and have it
create two folders on disk.  IE:

cdrom: /
 - rock/
   - song1.mp3
   - song2.mp3
 - country/
   - song1.mp3

Right now banshee only burns by selection, which is great, but I'd love
to see this extended.  I don't see why this couldn't be done in a
gnomey, userfriendly way (ie: select multiple playlists and the 'write
cd' button is enabled, same way as how selecting songs work).

The directories could be created by name exactly as they are in the
playlist list.

Alternatively, is there a way to have drag and drop from either the
playlist pane or the song list pane as a file or the text with file
paths?

Basically the problem I'm wanting to solve is I have several smaller
playlists that I'd like to created mp3 CDs from for my car mp3 player.
The playlists aren't big enough to fill a full CD, and would love to
find some way to get my lists of songs (they are short, but long enough
I don't want to go through my fileserver of mp3s to find them all) for
each playlist burnt to a CD somehow.  The only two current ways of doing
this are through a CD player/burner app like banshee or rhythmbox or a
CD burning app only, which would somehow need to get passed the list of
files (or have a drop action that simulates dropping the actual files).

I guess a more complex alternative is to access playlists through a
gnome vfs URI, so I could point my cd burner at playlist://rock and it
would see it as a list of files that the app could just burn.  This is a
very beagle-like way of doing things, but beagle doesn't have the
ability to access banshee playlists AFAIK.

Any comment on these ideas?

Alan
--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike