Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee and the Nokia 770

OOOhhh, once that patch gets put in place (assuming it does), we'll
have to see what we can do to make that feature known. It's a very
neat feature with some interesting possibilities. There won't be many
music storage/playing devices it won't work with at that point and I
don't think that sort of thing is known or expected around the Linux
community yet.

JSR/

On 6/5/06, James Stembridge <jstembridge gmail com> wrote:
Hi Byron

On 6/5/06, Byron Poland <wpoland gmail com> wrote:
> I just read through the bugzilla page, and it made me wonder, if the
> mass-storage DAP support can be extended to include just mass-storage.

The patch attached to bug #343785 already implements this. If you
create a file called ".is_audio_player" in the root of the device then
banshee will treat it as a media player and allow you to play the
music on it/copy music to it etc.

Regards,
James.