Re: does balsa yet support OAuth2 ?

Hi André!

Am 08.10.20 18:56 schrieb(en) andré via balsa-list:
Since Yahoo will very soon require OAuth2 (almost, they give workarounds),
 it would be nice if Balsa supports this standard, becoming more and more common.

I'm working on that (see <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/-/issues/40>), but it's very complex with many
pitfalls and points of failure, and as I had too much “real life” (i.e. for €€€) work, everything has been delayed…

I'll try to speed up the implementation!

BTW, OAuth2 is *not* more secure than the traditional methods (when the connection to the server is TLS encrypted,
of course), and there has been a lot of criticism about the whole concept (e.g. see this post by one of the authors
<https://web.archive.org/web/20130116102852/http://hueniverse.com/2012/07/oauth-2-0-and-the-road-to-hell/>).

Best,
Albrecht.