Re: [Patch] IMAP Code Simplifications

On 2017.04.11 17:59, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Albrecht:

On 04/11/2017 04:05:52 PM Tue, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Peter:

Am 11.04.17 19:01 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
But it fails to build --with-gss.

Ooooops - I forgot to enable this option, and to grep through the sources. Thanks a lot for testing, and for pointing me to it!

The attached patch should fix the issue. It is somewhat inelegant as the newly allocated GLib results are copied to the fixed buffers, but I didn't want to refactor the whole code. Unfortunately, I have no chance at all to test it, but as the changes are limited, they look logical to me.

Thanks--I've pushed both patches as a single commit to master.

Anyone out there using an imap server w/ gssapi authentication, who could verify the changes?

Yes, that would be great--I can't exercise that code either!

It might be useful to accumulate a list of major email providers and which features they use. I'll be glad to test, but I have gmail and yahoo accounts, and have no idea whether they use gssapi.

Jack