Re: How is the default identity for a reply message determined?

	Hi!

On 31.05.2011 14:56:57, Carlos Franke wrote:
when composing a new message, Balsa sets the "default" identity by default (which is fine). When replying to another message however, Balsa determines which identity to choose by something like checking the recipient address of that message—at least it seems to be that way.

That's a heuristics.

Two of my identities share the same "email address", differing only in SMTP server and default "Reply To" (well, and name). Now, I cannot make any sense of how Balsa determines which of them to use for replying. It seems to be completely random.

That's what brakes heuristics. Please don't. :-)

What is going on here? Is there a way I can tell Balsa to prefer one of the said identities over the other?

Try to find another way to send mail trough different SMTP servers. And make one email address == one identity.

Regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net