Re: two nits

On 2007-11-28 04:07, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Hi Nuno:

Hi Peter

>> If I go through menu Mailbox -> Expunge Deleted Messages,
>> nothing happens again, but if I do it again it suddenly
>> works,deleted messages disappear. [...] Ok, to make sure this isn't
>> a PEBKAC problem I just tested something, to give you guys another
>> data point: if the mailbox is a local mbox, the first time I go
>> through Mailbox -> Expunge, it works. This problem manifests itself
>> if the mailbox is a remote imap mailbox running Dovecot 1.0.0 beta
>> 8, I have to click "mailbox -> expunge" twice to actually expunge. I
>> can't readily test with other imap servers, to rule out a but in
>> dovecot, sorry.
>
> Wow, coincidence!  That seems to be a separate issue.  My Cyrus IMAP
> server expunges deleted messages the first time--perhaps something
> specific to Dovecot?

Yes, I'm fully convinced now it's a bug (feature? ;-)) in dovecot, or
at least in this particular version of dovecot I'm running. I've tested
with both gmail and a wu-imapd server and everything works as expected.
Time to go upgrading, I suppose.

Thanks for looking into the other stuff. Everything works beautifully
now!

Regards,

		Nuno

--