Balsa mailboxes

I have carried my maildir messages from one balsa installation to
another for a few years now, and I just completed a reinstallation,
with the help of members of this group.

For the past few years, one of my maildir mailboxes shows each
submailbox twice, as duplicates, even though the actual directory
structure contains just one folder for each.

The balsa mailbox list reads like this:

SavedMessages
	MyMessages
		GroupA
		GroupA
		GroupB
		GroupB

While the actual directory structure reads like this:

Saved
	MyMessges
		GroupA
		GroupB

Any ideas how I can fix the balsa display? I'm not losing any messages
and they're not actually duplicated, but it's something I don't
understand, and that makes me nervous.