Re: Usability problems in 2.3.17

On 08/30/2007 12:19:36 AM, Johan Brannlund wrote:
Hi. I've noticed that Balsa seems to drop my imap connections much morefrequently than it used to. If this is due to a balsa bug, a bug in arelated library or server instability, I'm not sure.

However, there is a problem with the way Balsa handles these droppedconnections: for each dropped imap connection, it pops up a dialog thatsays something like "Connection to imap.blah.blah dropped. Abort?".

If more than one connection is dropped, there's a bunch of these popupsand they have to be clicked in exactly the right order, otherwise nothinghappens. Also, since I have windows set to auto-raise, the popups areoften hidden behind other windows. The first time this happened, Ithought Balsa had just frozen, until I discovered the popups.

This is pretty bad behaviour usability-wise. I'm not sure what thecorrect solution is. Maybe just a libnotify popup saying that theconnection has been dropped?

I agree 100%. This was a failed experiment and the responsible code is disabled in the most recent balsa release. We have to solve the problem differently, it appears.

Pawel