Re: CVS HEAD, crash [SOLVED]

	Hello, Jean-Luc!

I by no means didn't want to diminish your report. In fact, it's the real help to de-bug the product.

On 25.11.2006 15:08:44, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
Le 25.11.2006 09:54:17, Ildar Mulyukov a écrit :
On 24.11.2006 17:11:00, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
I've deleted my filters then rebuilt them one by one. And this fixes the problem (I remarked balsa crashed when there was a lot of incoming mail being processed and sorted by the filters)

Use the procmail, Luke!

I use procmail for the spam...
But balsa filters are very handy... much easier to manage than the cryptic procmail syntax. And as long as the feature exists, it should work.

Agree. But In My Humble Opinion, having MANY filters is a good reason to redesign your mail-flow in order to make it
* reliable
* flexible
* MTA/MUA/etc. independable

So the unix-way here is: spend 1 hour for configuration, then use it forever. ;)

Though balsa tends to take features of them all, it's still a MUA, not a Mail Processing program.

I disagree. MUA is also to process adn sort mail.
Orherwise, you can alos use mailx to do everything.
And even puch some cards to enter your data ;) (I began this way)

Didn't understand everything, but agree.

There is a rule when writing a program: the user *never* does a mistake.
Agree.
Or, if you prefer, there are no action that should lead to a
program crash.
Yes
In this case, if the filter format in the config file is wrong, balsa should tell "invalid config file format or something like that"...

Maybe it's a good idea to make a stopper or warning, when the number of filters > 10?

BR Ildar
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer/packager
email: ildar altlinux ru