Re: CVS HEAD : filters wrongly displayed several times (Edit -> Filters)

On 04/08/2005 12:15:23 PM, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
Hi,

If I do Edit -> Filters then do some operation on the filters and save the result, then leave balsa and enter balsa again, if I display the filters they appear several times (each is displayed twice). If I retry the operation, each appear 3 times, then 4 ...

I've checked .gnome2/balsa and the filter are only once in the file

Ouch!  Thanks for pointing that out.

Currently, if you have gtk-2.6, config information is stored in ~/.balsa/config, not ~/.gnome2/balsa, so that's where you'll find those duplicates; the change of location is part of a migration from GnomeConfig to GKeyFile. Because of a bug in the new code, edited filters were saved with names ending in "/", like "[filter-0/]".

It's fixed in cvs (ChangeLog rev 1.2055), and the misnamed groups will be silently removed, so you shouldn't need to do anything to clean it up. However, the version that's kept will probably the one prior to your changes--if you don't want to reinstall them, you might want to hand-edit the file.