Re: searching

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Stephen Adler wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 05:03:47PM -0800, Matthew Guenther wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Stephen Adler wrote:
> > > Since my life is now going to depend on Balsa, I'm going to send you
> > > lots of suggestions to make it eaiser to work. OK?
> >
> > Wow, I'm not sure if Balsa's ready to be responsible for your life!
> >

> Would you recommend another gui based mail interface which runs under
> linux?

I'm probably not the best person to ask, being somewhat biased (I am
devoting a good chunk of my spare time to balsa after all).

> I tried that, but somehow that didn't seem to work. I'll play with
> that later today....
[...]
> PITA? What ever is done, it would be good to give the user the ability
> to enter the name of the folder. for example, I want to put mail 982
> in my inbox into my folder llwi. llwi is just 4 characters of typing
> while trying to scroll through 300 or so folders of which 50 or so
> start with the letter li (as in linux) which looks very much like llwi
> is hard to do. I'm looking at this from the users perspective....

(PITA -> Pain In The Ass)

I can see why this is a good feature, however it is a bit more compilcated
than it seems on the surface.  For instance, how do we handle mailboxes with
the same name but nested in different folders... especially when we consider
the fact that they can exist in a totally unrelated directory structure on
the filesystem.  It would be good to have, but my gut tells me it will be
tricky to do right.

> > > more suggestions are sure to follow....

[...]
> BTW, I've got a bug report.
>
> I tried spell checking an e-mail and I got a pop up window reading
> that it could not load the aspell module. The odd bit is that I have
> balsa configured to use ispell. Let me know if there is anything I
> can do to fix this.

I'll have to take a look at this, but it might be a pspell error.  A new
version just came out last week and fixed lots of bugs, you might want to
try 0.12 (if you aren't using it already).

> P.S. I guess you can tell I've reverted back to mutt....

Yep :-)

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther