Re: Mailbox Bugs?

Am 2001.12.13 21:01:44 +0100 schrieb(en) Kenneth G . Kastella:
> Steffen -
>
> Thanks for the reply but perhaps I don't quite understand your
> suggestion with regard to the Mailbox naming.
> In balsa I want to see a Mailbox called Orders, with a capital "O".  In
> the mail directory, /home/kgk/mail,
> I want the file to have a lower case "o".  What I thought you suggested
> was to call up a terminal, go to
> /home/kgk/mail and issue the command:  mv Orders orders.  That is what I
> did.  But when I re-start balsa,
> the Mailbox orders now starts with the lower case "o".  This isn't
> really very important and I guess the basic
> question boils down to why you were able to do it with the default boxes
> but I can't?

OKay:

It is a quite nifty behavior of Balsa!
It will list all Mailboxes which are in the dir you said in "local mail"
in the Tree.
If now there is a Mailbox called Order in this dir it will be chown "as it
is"

You could try to edit ~/.gnome/balsa by hand and add an entry concerning
this Mailbox (it worked for me some versions ago...) but I just tried and:
no luck...

But the second thing you can do is to move the Orders-Mailbox to another
dir and then choose "new->local Mbox (or whatever it is)" -> Then it is
possible to do all this nifty things like renaming...

> As for having the Trash e-mails show up in my Inbox again, the answer is
> that I just hit re-boot and didn't
> shut down balsa first.  I had gotten a little quick with the mouse
> button and think I had started a lot of
> programs I hadn't intended to, so after about five minutes of nothing
> but continuous disk motion I decided to
> try to shut down the system and get things back to normal.  It worked
> except for having all those e-mails back
> in my Inbox.

Like I said it is not really a bug...
But someone could change the behavior of Balsa on a normal kill and a
signal of the gnome-session manager (shutdown and close all boxes)

cu
/Steffen

--
   "There are things that are so serious