Re: configure balsa (suse 7.3 error)

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001, a Special guy wrote:

> i still get compile error on suse 7.3.
> i have double and triple checked my libesmtp installation. even tried older version of libesmtp and balsa. i have run ldconfig and checked ld.so.conf and everything. i always get the same error, as reported by others:
> checking whether to build ESMTP support... yes
> checking for smtp_start_session in -lesmtp... no
> configure: error: *** You enabled ESMTP but esmtp library is not found.

Yes, SuSE's pspell gets in the way.

Try this workaround I reported to the list on November 4th:

rm -f config.cache
LIBS="-lstdc++"
export LIBS
./configure ADD YOUR OPTIONS HERE

Or just check if my RPM works for you (it does not depend on libESMTP,
BTW, because SuSE always install MTAs),
http://mandree.home.pages.de/suse-7.3-i386.de/

Please be patient, the redirector is slow (but reliable).