Re: Identities and Bcc:

On Aug 29 2001 05:37 Brian Stafford wrote:
> On Wed, 29 August 12:14 Jules Bean wrote:
>
> > I suppose attaching one to an identity can be useful: when I am using
> > my identity "Acme Foo Sales <sales@acmefoocorp.com>", I always want to
> > Bcc: the messages to <board@acmefoocorp.com> so they know what I'm
> > saying in the company's name?
>
> If the real intent of the Bcc: in the identity is for the purpose you describe
> above, then all is well.  The message will be transmitted twice as expected.
> However, if as I am supposing, it is to create an "Fcc" copy by having the
> message delivered to an additional mailbox *via SMTP*, the Bcc: mechanism is
> not doing what the user expects.

When I did the identity stuff the fields that were intended for
identities had (for the most part) already been somewhat split
off in the configuration saving code. Bcc was in that group, and
I kept it in the identities for exactly the reason that Jules
describes above. I suppose for consistancy a Cc field should
also be added to identities.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                       None love the bearer of bad news.
guentherm@asme.org                     		-- Sophocles