[rms39 columbia edu: Re: Cooperation with balsa]

I have just had a conversation about the ongoing work on gnomecard and
possible data exchange with balsa.

balsa should not rely too much on gnomecard. Kind of sad.

/Pawel

On 2000-05-09 19:04 Russell Steinthal wrote:
On Tue, 09 May 2000 18:57:00 +0200, Pawel Salek wrote:

>Correct. But I don't think the issue is limited to balsa. this is
more a
>question: "is it possible to use gnomecard as a tool for storing
>information not only about persons but also about, say, groups. This
brings me
>another point: what about usage of LDAP for storing this kind of
personal
>information? I know one guys was arguing it would be a good approach.

I consider gnomecard almost unsupported- it has a lot of bugs, I
don't know much about the code, and don't have the time or
inclination to learn it.  Personally, I keep my address information
in a text file ~/phone, but I guess I'll try out the Evolution
contact manager when that's ready.

Sorry to not be so helpful, but I thought you should know that not a
lot of development effort is going into gnomecard.  You or someone
from your team is free to take over maintenance of it, however, if
you need/want to develop it.

-Russell