Re: HackFest 2011

Dear Sunity,

The purpose of the hackfest is mainly to work on the GNOME 3.0 release and help to grow the GNOME community in Asia.

The Hackfest is invitation only, but people from the community can put forth proposals about what they could work on or how they could contribute at the hackfest.   Invitations can be extended to anyone within the GNOME or Free Software community with a good, relevant idea to propose and the motivation to get involved.  By relevant proposal we mean something focused on the GNOME 3 launch, improving the GNOME community in Asia, etc.  In this case, please prepare a proposal for us to consider.

Otherwise, we are also planning to provide some GNOME training to students from March 30 to April 1, contents of training will include:
  • Testing and Bugsquadding in GNOME
  • User Experience design in GNOME
  • Porting applications to GNOME 3
  • Writing a simple app
  • Compilation lesson for gnome 3.0, or GTK 3 hacking
You are also very welcome to join our conference on 2-3 April as well. More information can be found on http://gnome.asia website.

If you are interested to join any of the above two activities, stay tune and we will announce and open registration very soon.

Pockey