Re: GNOME 3 Launch Parties

Hi Srinivasa,

In order to send out goodies in early March, we will need to start printing tshirts starting from tomorrow. Please let us know if there is any update on the quotation so we can confirm the quantity with the suppliers.

Otherwise, you may consider to help us to dispatch goodies and send to organizers locally.

In this case, we will pack every package of each organizer with their contact detail on it and then group them in a bigger parcel. What you need to do is just to open the big package and send out each packages with a local courier.

However, since I don't know if there is any tax that might incur and the cost of local courier, do you think it's more cost efficient to do this dispatch trick in India? (e.g. in China, it costs really nothing to send parcels from one city to another city, it costs a few ten cents $ / kg)

For reference the cost of sending 1 x 2.5kgs package from China to India cost is around $36.

E.g. If we have 21 packages:

21 smaller packages x 2.5kgs = ~$ 760
1 big package x 52.5kgs  = ~$ 500

Pockey