Re: art.gnome.org stuff

Dave Foster wrote:
Hi,
I've noticed a few bugs in the display of the art.gnome.org code, and I
wanted to see if I can help out.  I like doing web stuff, and most of
the things I've seen could be fixed quite easily.  Is the code available
to view and fix anywhere?

The art.gnome.org code is available in gnome cvs (cvs.gnome.org) under the art-web module.

Specifically, the things I'm talking about:
- Comments still have slashes at quotes

This I've been strugling with for some time. The input should all be checked firstly to see if magic quotes is on, and only if it isn't then add slashes.

- Page navigation is poor from a usability standpoint, should have
"next", "prev", maybe a jump box... etc

I actually just took out the next and previous buttons, but mostly just because they where unsightly - they where just '<' and '>'. Perhaps a nicer alternative would be good, with text rather than symbols?

I'd love to help out and get these things fixed if I could.. please let
me know if I can do anything.  Thanks for the site btw, it's a really
good resource.

>dave

I'm CC'ing this to the mailing list for comments. If you'd like to check out the code, and sign up to the mailing list, we'd be glad to have you involved!

-Thomas