Re: [Anjuta-list] Anjuta for AVR embedded development

Hi!

> Things that doesn't work:
> - Goto->Tag Declaration for external functions doesn't open the
> external header
> - internal (understand in-the-project) functions don't show under
> Symbols->Global->Functions
> - external macros (#define), e.g. PORTB, don't get auto-completed and
> don't show under Symbols->Global->Macros
> - external functions don't show under Symbols->Global->Functions
> - just to summarise: no external symbols in any of the symbol's tabs
> and no search results for them

Those things should be autocompleted, this may be a bug in the current
symbol-browser and hopefully the new symbol-db plugin will fix those,
though it may take a while.
But those external macros and functions shouldn't appear in the Symbols
tab as it would become too cluttered otherwise. Internal function should
be there of course.

> Features that will be very necessary:
> - open selected #include header (right mouse menu)

There is a bug report about this. The problem is to know where to look
for those files (how to know the directories).

> - auto-completion after the 4th character is not very suitable for the
> short avr functions/macros, can this be changed somehow

Currently it's after the 3rd character but I tend to change this into a
time calculated value. E.g. when the user types fast there is no
autocompletion but if he slows down autocompletion will appear.

> P.S.: Do you think, that the issues are elaborate enough to file a bug report(s) or feature requests?

You can file bugs on specific topics. Having a bug report with many
different ideas is not really good to handle. But it's always good to
have those things in bugzilla to remember them.