Re: [Anjuta-list] override in Makefile

Hi Ruman!

This is gnu make feature.
Which means that it is not portable and not supported by automake. I guess automake-1.10 will spit out a warning telling you that you are using a GNU make extension and that you should not. automake was created to write portable Makefiles that do not depend on GNU make.

Other then that it is simply not possible to support any GNU make extension when we parse the Makefile.am though it may work well when running automake on the console. Automake is just a (crappy) perl script and it does not really have a well defined syntax.

Of course if someone wants to add support for those features we would support him in any way.