[Anjuta-list] working with existing projects

Greetings Listers,
I am playing around with anjuta. I have had some successes and have met some pitfalls. Specifically, I am attempting to work with an existing project with its own makefile and build system. The desired behavior is to have the "build" command execute the Makefile in the project directory. Somehow I managed to get my debian box to do just this, but I cannot replicate it on my Redhat 9 box. Specifically it enters the Compile state and never leaves. When I try to start the debugger anjuta complains that there is no target executable set for the project. I checked in the Project>Configure Project window and observe the target is named appropriately (and is identical to the one declared on my debian box). These two situations may be unrelated, but my feeling is that they are due to some common configuration mismatch. Is there any hope of getting out of this meta-stable state? I really need to get this going on my Redhat box for a demo if I am to procede with anjuta.

Cordially,

Joe Bussell
On Time Systems