Re: [Anjuta-list] Linking against a shared object library in Anjuta

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 23:02, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

> AFAIK, it is enough to have the .so (no need for the .a). If you're
> getting unresolved symbols, it is probably because:
> 1) You're using a wrong version of the library
> 2) The library uses other libraries which you are not linking.
>
> If you send the detailed error log to the list, maybe someone can help.
> It also might be a good ideea to send the log to the Xerces list - the
> library developers should be able to guide you better.

I managed to get it working.  You are correct, I was using an
incompatible version of the library compiled for gcc2.96 and trying to link
against it with gcc3.2.  I downloaded the sources, recompiled a new version
and all is well.

Thank you for your assistance.

John