Mapping dependencies between Gnome modules

Hi guys! This list seems somewhat empty, but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm doing a bit of research on Gnome and the first thing I need to do is to map the dependencies between the modules (as listed on http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/), so that I end up with a directed graph where there is an edge from A to B if A's correct functioning depends on the correct functioning of B.

So far, I have considered a few approaches to getting this information. Since many distros include Gnome in their package systems, there is some dependency information there, but I have yet to find a distro whose packages correspond to Gnome's list of modules. For this reason, I'd like to analyze Gnome's code directly by checking out modules one at a time and extracting their dependencies... somehow. This is the step I'm currently on, and it's sort of complex; dependency information needs to be extracted from source files and configuration files, mostly, which is difficult.

Anyone have any other ideas? Am I missing some other approach?

Thanks,
~Daniel