Re: ORBit without gnome

Peter Bouton (2000-11-10 14:07:46 -0800) :

> Does ORBit rely on gnome?

Nope, GNOME relies on ORBit.

> Is it possible to use ORBit without gnome running?

  Completely.

> It looked like at least the name-server used gnome.

  Wrong again, GNOME uses the name-server.

> If we come up with a different scheme for finding our CORBA servant
> can we run without gnome?

  No problem.  I do it everyday (unless these GNOME guys have a
particularly perverse way of hiding processes from me :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Au royaume des aveugles, il y a des borgnes à ne pas dépasser.
  -- in Soeur Marie-Thérèse des Batignoles (Maëster)