Working with GtkTreeView,

I need some help on how to use gtktrees. I want to create a GtkTreeView object with depth=3, i mean child iter, parent iter and grand parent iter.

I am using gtk_tree_store append, where I pass the iter and parent iter to add to the list. Is there any API to add a particular row iter as a child. I read the manual but found no APi to add. I want to add in a loop, my current loop adds in the next row, that is as a child of grand-child.
I hope I am clear.

any help, pointers or sample code would be appreciated,

Thanks,

-Phillip