Re: GTK1.2 vs. GTK 2.0

Hi,

Peter Krueger <pkrueger appss de> writes:

> for me a reason to still use GTK1.2 was that we want to develop under
> Linux, Unix and Windows at the same time. When I compared the two versions
> there seemed to be only limited support on the Windows port in GTK 2.0
> (well, that was some time ago).

That is weird since GTK+-1.2 didn't have any support for the Win32
platform. That support was added early in the GTK+-1.3 development
series and there used to be a branch for Win32 that kept the 1.2
API. GTK+-2.0 is the first stable GTK+ release that has Win32 support.

If you want to develop for Windows, you should really be using 2.2.x.

Sven