Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pure Gtk vs Gnome

Hi everyone,

> Also, if people have ideas/hints/tips about how to maintain two such
versions,
> I would love to hear them.

> >there's probably no easy way around it.  just roll up your sleeves
> >and get some grease on those elbows...

????

An app becomes a Gnome software if it uses the gnome libraries
(unless you app is a library itself).

If your app won't get better by using xml, gnome-canvas, dom, corba or
any of these Gnome features, there is no reason to make it gnome
dependent.

If your app needs any of the features already present in gnome libs
then your app has to be gnome dependent.

If you still think your app needs some gnome features but you would
like to maintain a simpler version using only GTK, I guess there is no
other way than adding #ifdef GNOME to to your code...

Best regards

	Bertrand.

  Bertrand GUIHENEUF           	E-Mail: bertrand.guiheneuf@inria.fr
                               	Tel.:   (33) 01 39 63 50 36