Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk or gtk--

Cyrille Artho wrote:

There are also other C++ wrappers based on the GTK+ toolkit.
As far as I know there are currently three: VDK, wxWindows
and V. The last two being cross-platform toolkits. All three
will add an extra layer between your app and the toolkit,
for better or worse. In contrast to GTK--, whish is very
thin language wrapper around the GTK+, these toolkits try
to provide classes for more than just the GUI toolkit - once
again for better or worse.

> Thanks to all people who responded to my question. I see it like this:
> - In terms of documentation, qt is a clear winner.

wxWindows has 700 Kb of documentation for almost every single
method call. Sadly, we have no tutorial yet.

> - qt and gtk-- look nearly the same, and a text file at gtk.org
> indicates that a conversion is not too hard.

The two kits have no function call or class name or whatever
in common.  But surely, I'm missing something here.

  Robert

Robert Roebling              "Write once, compile, run everywhere"

wxWindows/GTK       http://wesley.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~wxxt