Re: gtk-doc cleanification idea / patch

On 15 May 2001 18:41:08 -0400, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> Though I did have another idea - why not forget about make and do all
> the build stuff in another gtk-doc perl script (including the dist,
> install & clean targets). And instead of editing the stuff at the top
> of the Makefile.am you have a config file.
>
> I think that might be a cleaner way of doing it, though its more work
> than I want to do at the moment.

I really like the sound of that
idea. Though maybe make it a shell
script so you don't need perl.
Hooking it up to Makefiles would be
kinda hard, perhaps. Though I suppse
you could do something like:

	clean-local:
		rm -f `$(srcdir)/gtkdoc-manager.sh
--cleanfiles`

Hm, I might investigate this
further.

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton