[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Dialpad keys problem

Hi,

using the dialpad to place calls behaves strangely. Digits typed on the
dialpad (with the mouse or on the keyboard's numberpad) are always
appended to the number in the edit box. Even if I select the text in the
edit box and type a number the selection is removed and the numbers are
appended. This is quite confusing and seems very non-intuitive. Is it
intended behaviour?

Also, the return key activates the last clicked (ie. focused) dialpad
key, which is also non-intuitive and serves no purpose that I can see.
Backspace has a similar problem in that it only works if the edit box is
selected.

Using the (non-number pad) number keys on the keyboard works as
expected, but only if the edit box is selected first. (and the Dialpad
keys don't flash)

All this makes keyboard dialling pretty difficult unless you explicitly
click on the edit box and delete the last dialled number first.

Maybe the dialpad and numberpad keys should focus the edit box after each
key press?

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj vdbonline com