Re: gnome/kde application?

On Thu, 09 Apr 1998 Thomas Corner wrote:
>Hello Chris!
>
>I was thinking of C or C++. I am more familiar with C, but kde seems to demand
>C++. I was thinking of something simple. Just a kind of "proof of concept" - to
>show that it could be done.  I am just in thinking stafges now as I am busy
>with another project for next 1-2 months.

You need more than a simple program for a proof-of-concept.
You need a program with menu, toolbar, scrollbars and some
"drawing area" inside.

The kdesdk has an example, khexdit, which might be good for you.
It is 20KB C++, and has everything mentioned above. Just leave
out its fancier things like net transparency and online help for
a start.

Christian