UI handler design question

I have a situation where I need to have a container that can't actually host
the menu and toolbar items. This is OK because the components that I'm
hosting know about this case (it's the desktop in Nautilus).

The current implementation of the UI handler requires that I create a dummy
menu bar and toolbar. But I can add checks to Bonobo to allow this
degenerate case. But I need advice from the maintainers:

    Do you suggest I leave the code as is and just have a never-used dummy
toolbar and menu bar?

    Or do you suggest I make the fixes in Bonobo to allow this degenerate
case without tons of warnings?

    -- Darin