Re: ☠ patch of doom

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 19:21 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So Jonathan and I were working on refactoring the code to support
> multiple chats and introducing the concept of a "Discussion" which
> groups a chat with multiple live comments.

I'm not sure what a Discussion object is. I thought that a "Topic"
contained one chat, several open comments and several closed comments.
Are you saying that a Topic can have several chats? How does this work?
Are they all on the same page?

Its also sort of strange that you added closedComments to ActiveTopic.
The split between Topic and ActiveTopic was made so that the "live"
in-memory stuff would be in ActiveTopic (its the "active" part of
Topic). If we now put even (conceptually) database backed data in this
object, why do we still have the Topic/ActiveTopic split?

Also, i'm not sure of the LiveComment.closed addition. The LiveComment
object is designed to be a collaborative editing object, with
datastructures designed for that. Once its closed and "posted" to the
topic it would turn into some other (database backed) object like
"Comment".

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an impetuous flyboy matador for the 21st century. She's a bloodthirsty
mutant safe cracker with only herself to blame. They fight crime!