running with gcj (and important screenshot)

Hi,

I spent a lot of time today trying to get ☠ to run with gcj.  There's a
bytecode verification failure from the cglib/asm generated proxy
classes; gij is complaining that it's trying to instantiate an array,
abstract class, or interface.

 I initially thought what was happening was that asm was generating 5.0
bytecode which gij doesn't handle yet, but after inspecting things a bit
more I'm not sure.  I looked through all of asm and cglib and I'm pretty
sure nothing is setting it to emit newer bytecode versions.  Perhaps asm
is buggy and emitting newer bytecode but still having the older version
string.   Needs more investigation.  I'm going to try to figure out how
to dump the generated classes to a file for debugging.

Totally unrelated, but I was very happy I could achieve this in
Evolution:

JPEG image