gcj work

Hi,

I've been working off and on for the past week on getting ☠ to run on
gcj, and am actually quite far now, to the point where you can get to a
topic and type in the chat.

Right now though there's some exceptions being thrown in the
PollWebserver thread that I haven't tracked down.  I started adding some
debugging stuff.

I'm going to put the work aside for now while we fix some core bugs
before the release, but in case anyone wants to pick up the work, it's
been committed to the "gcj" branch.

After the PollWebserver issues I think there's some issues with the
YarrrMarkup XML.  But I'm guessing those are the two issues remaining,
so it's pretty encouraging.