coding style: this.field

Whats up with the random uses of this.field that the code seems to be
full of? Sometimes its nice in constructors because you want to have
parameters with the same name. But why use it elsewhere, when there is
no need for it?

Some people think it makes things easier to read. If we think so, then
we should decide to always use this.field everywhere (although I've
never seen Java code do this). To randomly use it in some places but not
in others is just strange.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly skateboarding vagrant who knows the secret of the alien
invasion. She's a bloodthirsty insomniac traffic cop prone to fits of savage,
blood-crazed rage. They fight crime!