[xslt] best way to get result as a string?

Hi,

I am getting a compiler warning that I would like to get rid of. I'm writing a Mac OS X (Cocoa) app and using the XSL library. The warning is

pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'stringWithUTF8String:' differ in signedness

I call xsltApplyStylesheet() then xsltSaveResultToString() to get the result into a string which is a unsigned char xmlChar *. I then create an NSString using -stringWithUTF8String: which takes a const char * and get the signedness warning.

My reading of Kernighan and Ritchie makes me feel like there is a chance that this could break but I don't know any way around it. Am I correct in thinking that const char * is signed since it does not specify? I haven't found that in the book and I would not expect a warning if the default is unsigned. Maybe there is a different function I could call to get the transformation result as a const char *? I didn't see anything in the libxml docs.

Thanks
Marc