[xslt] Re: xsl

On 27.05.2005 20:41, Alaina Ambrose wrote:
All I am trying to do is run this program:

<?php
$proc = xslt_create(); // this creates the xslt processor
$xml = $argv[1];
$xsl = $argv[2];
$html = $argv[3];
$code = xslt_process($proc, $xml, $xsl);
$fp = fopen($html, "w");
$write = $fputs($fp, $code);
fclose($fp);
echo $code;
xslt_free($proc);
?>

Neat. All I am trying to do is get my steak grilled and my beer cold. Perhaps I am in more basic a need right now, but yours seems at least as demanding. :)

but I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function xslt_create() in C:\... on line 2.

I haven't got any errors with what I am doing, not yet, but a thing like 'call to undefined function chill_beer()' would really send me to the corner whining. I understand you :)

I haven't used php before but I just need to be able to run this program from the command line to create an html file from an xml and an xsl file. I have php 5 installed and I've downloaded libxslt and libxml2 and added their bin directories to my PATH environment variable. Do you have any idea what I'm forgetting or doing wrong?

Working on friday this late would be one of those things that warrant wrongness and need some improvement.

If you have any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Well, I have no idea how you connected me to PHP. I don't even know what it really is, surely I never used it. If that thing you are trying to control really uses libxml and libxslt, the best would be to ask whoever maintains PHP about how they use these libraries and how they expect them to be installed. I could only tell you to use xsltproc utility to achieve a simple transformation, but I have no idea how that fits into what you are up to.

All I can do productively is turn my steak upside down, so it gets some coal on its other side, and post a copy of this on libxslt mailing list, risking flames for off-topic posting, but with hope that someone perhaps knows more and is willing to intervene in taking you out of your misery.

:)

Ciao,
Igor